The GLA ( Global Leader Accelerator ) is a unique, immersive and transformational leadership development program. It takes young people who have already demonstrated the will and potential to lead, and gives them the opportunity to fast track the development of their skills and put that will to the test at the annual One Young World Global Summit, one of the largest global gatherings for young leaders.
The Global Leader Accelerator (GLA) is designed to develop leaders to shine on the global stage at the annual One Young World Summit, with ongoing leadership workshops and coaching in Japan before and after the Summit. Participants can expect to:
- DEMONSTRATE social commitment and values in alignment with Japanese government initiatives and UN SDGs.
- BUILD a sustainable network and community of next generation leaders who are connected to influential global leaders, Japanese leaders, and high-potential young leaders from over 190 countries
- TAKE CONCRETE ACTION that aligns core competencies with the UN SDGs to maximize value, social innovation, and national and global transformation
- PRODUCE real results and DELIVER actual ROI with measurable outcomes from the projects the OYW ambassadors take on during the Global Leadership Accelerator program.
For Business Incubators
- To propose a comprehensive solution for environmental, social and business issues that may result in the commercialization of a new product, expansion of market share, or enablement of new synergies
- Brand value of the partner organization is positively impacted as the GLA project solution enables the organization to align with and take action on the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals
For Leadership Development
- Participants are recognized as proactive and agile young leaders who have a positive impact on others in the organization and society as a whole
- Participants are recognized for their skill to make connections with internal and external stakeholders on a world-wide basis
- Participants are highly self-aware (know their strengths, areas for improvement and have a strong sense of mission)